#Digimmo Study: “French Real Estate and Social Networking: The New Way of Shaping Professional Relationships“
Aiming to identify the challenges and the contours of the relationship between the real estate sector and social networking, Pierre & Vacances Property Investment has commissioned the agency Happycurious to create a French study entitled “Real estate and social networking : the new way of shaping professional relationships”.
This study is made up of two parts: qualitative interviews of French professionals and real estate experts, as well as a quantitative survey administered to a sample of 302 respondents who declared to be working in the French real estate sector. The results of the study were published yesterday morning at a round table meeting at NUMA Paris, where four of the qualitative interview respondents were present:
- Pascal Beuvelet, President of the In&Fi Crédit group - @Pascal_Beuvelet
- Karine Lazimi, Agent General Allianz Assurance - @karinelazimi
- Vincent Lecamus, entrepreneur and co-founder of the blog ‘immobilier 2.0’ - @vlecamus
- Laurent Vimont, president of Century 21 - @LaurentVimont
Join the discussion about this study on Twitter : #Digimmo
Some Figures From The #Digimmo Study
- 50% of professionals are currentlypresent on at least one social network for professional purposes.
- Facebook is the most used social network by companies in the real estate sector (35% of them are present).
- The use of each of these networks responds to different or complementary objectives. They contribute to a strategy as well as an attitude (visibility and establishing a relationship).
- With 31% of real estate professionals using it for professional purposes, LinkedIn is the most used network for individual purposes.
- Twitter, a channel for expertise, is used by 15% of them.
Facebook (22%), YouTube (10%) and Twitter (8%) : the main social networks used for professional purposes by respondents.
For 61% of professionals in the real estate sector, social media is all about developing your network. The next most popular reasons for social networking were sharing and searching for information (for 47% and 45% of the sample respectively) . Just less than a third of the sample use them to exert their expertise, and the commercial aspect applied for only 19%.
While companies in real estate prioritise posts concerning the real estate sector, it’s first and foremost a way to get people to talk about their company (71%) or their products (57%). Commercial purposes (43%) or expert positions (40%) are less pressing for the respondents’ companies.
Download the PDF to see the rest of the #Digimmo study results (English version)Download For Free
Our advisors are available from Monday to Saturday, do not hesitate to contact us.
(International call rate - No additional charge)
Monday to Friday from 8am to 7.00pm. Saturday until 3pm.
Subscribe to the newsletter
To be kept up-to-date on our investment opportunities, please suscribe to our newsletter.
Write to us
For more information you can also contact us by email, an advisor will be in touch with you.